Do you want to get the inside scoop on how Google views your website?
Want to be able to submit your new blog posts and pages to Google?
Then you’re definitely going to want to sign up for Google Search Console.
Don’t worry, it’s free and easy and I’m walking you through the entire process in these tutorials….
Sign up for Google Search Console
- Click here to create a FREE account
- Click “START NOW” button
- Make sure you sign up with the SAME email as Google Analytics, that will make the verification process 100x easier.
- Add your website property by:
- Domain (requires going into DNS settings)
- URL Prefix (verifies automatically with Google Analytics)
- IF YOU CHOOSE URL PREFIX make sure you add all prefixes (https://, https://www, http://, http://www)
Connect your Google Search Console with Google Analytics
- Log into your Google Analytics account
- Click “Acquisition” on the left-hand menu
- Then click “Search Console” >> “Landing Pages”
- Click “Set up Search Console Sharing Data” button
- Scroll down to Search Console heading and click the “Adjust Search Console” button
- If it says none — click the “Add” button
- A list of properties will pop up, choose the MAIN domain for your website (so mine would be https://www.mariahmagazine.com) and click the “Save” button.
- It will automatically kick you over to Google Search Console, so go BACK to Google Analytics and refresh the page that said none and you should see that you now have a property associated there.
- Click the “Save” button and YOU’RE GOOD TO GO 🙂
Submit a Sitemap to Google Search Console
Sitemaps are essentially a roadmap of your website content, so when you submit one to Google, you’re making it a lot easier for Google to understand the pages, posts, and other forms of content that are on your website.
- Log in to Google Search Console
- Click “Sitemaps” in the left-hand menu
- Pop the URL for your website’s sitemap in the box and click “SUBMIT”