Interested in Guest Posting?
Do you have an idea for a blog post that you’d love to share? I’d love to hear it!
Please see the following guidelines for writing opportunities and sharing some of your expertise with my readers.
First Things First: Pitch an idea! No need to write the entire post until we’ve decided on a topic together. Send me an email at [email protected] with the following information:
- Your name
- Email subject that says “Guest Post Proposal“
- 2-3 samples of your writing
- Your website URL
- 3 proposed topics
Mariah Magazine accepts original and quality content related to:
- Social Media Marketing
- Blog Strategy
- Online Business
- Web Design, WordPress, Squarespace
- How to Improve Website Strategy
- Email Marketing
Target Audience: Online business owners and entrepreneurs that know their website and online presence is an important piece of the puzzle, but don’t know how to improve it on their own. They like tips/tricks, how to tutorials, resource guides, and extended list posts. Their age is around 25-35 (the generation that’s comfortable with technology, but also at the age to start taking their careers seriously). My audience is typically female, but I’ve had a lot of males start showing their face lately.
The tone used on MariahMagazine.com is very conversational. The articles I publish read like the author is talking to a close friend, and I always stay away from using overly techy-language. Each article subject is broken down into comprehensible chunks that walk my readers through something, even if they’re not web-savvy.
If your proposal is accepted, I’ll let you know the timeframe that I have available for publishing.
- 1000 words minimum
- Have a well-thought-out title
- Written in English
- Original content (not published on another website, including your own)
- Fresh, actionable content is preferred
- Links to relevant outside sources, related content (including your own website) are absolutely allowed. If the link helps readers understand or expand on the post content, I’m all for it.
- No affiliate links
- Stay away from overly techy-language
- Any images or screenshots should be no wider than 700px and should only be photos that you own. Images found on Google Image, Flickr, Pinterest, etc are not permitted.
- Content upgrades are preferred but totally optional
Editing: I’ll take care of editing your post. Normally, it’s not anything major, just a grammar check. I might change the title of your post, edit introductions or conclusions, add headings for easier reading, and tweak it in other ways to make it more readable. Please know that any edits are not a judgment on your writing! My goal is to make sure that every post gets the best possible exposure, and I edit with that goal in mind. I do however reserve the right to edit as I see fit so that the content best serves my readers. (By submitting a guest post to MariahMagazine.com you agree to this.)
Blog Post Images: I’ll take care of creating the social media graphics! I’ll send them over to you before your post goes live, along with the post URL.
Author Bio: Who wrote the post is just as important as the content itself! Please include a headshot, author bio, and up to 4 website/social media links.
After it’s Published: Ya gotta share your content, silly. I’ll be sharing with my audience via email list + social media but you have to be willing to share it with your audience as well. What good is the content is we don’t get everyone and their mom to read it, ya know?
Check in on the live post a few times and respond to any comments that are posted. Reader engagement is supaaa important.
Have questions? Email me! [email protected]