How can working with a Website Strategist make you more money?
What can a Website Strategist provide for you?
Your website is the entire foundation of your online presence.
It’s what all of your other online efforts point back too.
Even your business cards that you might hand out at in-person events have your website URL on them.
And that’s because your website is the foundation of your entire digital presence.
So if there’s an issue, big or small, with your website, you could be losing out on customers, clients, email subscribers …and money.
So what is Website Strategy and Consulting?
In short: It’s making your website work effectively for your business, your goals, AND your ideal audience….ya know, the people on your site 😉
It’s digging in and finding where your website is lacking and coming up with a game plan to fix it so you can start seeing more RESULTS from your website.
Who is Website Strategy and Consulting perfect for?
- Website Designers that need feedback or help strategizing or developing websites for their clients
- Business Owners that need solutions or suggestions
- Agencies that have in-house copywriters, designers, and developers but are lacking strategy for their own website or client websites
- Website Owners that are designing and creating their site on their own (DIY)
How Can Working With a Website Strategist Skyrocket Your Results?
Here are 14 different ways Website Strategists can bring perspective, clarity & actionable advice…that not only IMPROVES your website but helps you make more money from it.
- Give feedback and suggestions on how to improve your site
- There’s always room for improvement when it comes to your website. Some things may be more obvious than then next, but a Website Strategist can point out things that you didn’t even consider or might have overlooked.
- Give solutions for website issues (especially if you’re DIYing your site)
- Don’t know the best way to do something on your website? Or maybe you don’t even know where to start? A Website Strategist can give you recommendations and solutions for any problem you’re trying to solve on your website.
- Solve your problem WITH you, so you know how to do it next time
- Instead of hiring someone to fix a problem FOR you, you might want the ins and the outs of HOW it got fixed so next time the problem comes up, you can tackle it yourself. A Website Strategist can totally do this for you!
- During a Strategy session, often times the Strategist can screenshare as they’re fixing the problem so you can see it done and ask questions along the way!
- Plan a website strategy
- Not sure of the best way to display your services? Don’t know how to turn your website visitors into customers and clients? A Website Strategist can swoop in, learn about your audience and how you help them, and then create a customized Strategy that helps you meet your goals.
- Help you understand your website’s audience
- Sometimes the people we THINK are on our website, are not actually the people that our content and website is attracting. A Website Strategist can look at your Google Analytics and traffic data and give you an inside look on what kind of people are on your site, where they’re coming from, and what information they’re consuming the most.
- Create wireframes for your designer (or yourself) to use
- Already have a website designer you work with? Not a problem! A Website Strategist can work hand in hand with them and create a custom wireframe or sitemap that helps your Web Designer design your website with Strategy in mind so that your site isn’t just pretty to the eye, but a powerhouse under the hood.
- Gather & analyze your website traffic and analytics
- Want to know which social media platforms are bringing you the most website traffic? What about which blog posts are performing the best? Want to find out which pages are making people LEAVE your site? A Website Strategist can find out all of this information and give recommendations on what to do next to help you take advantage of it.
- Improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- How is your website’s SEO? Is your site on Google’s good side? A Website Strategist can run reports and look at your website’s foundations and tell you what you’re missing, what you need to focus on, and how to improve your SEO so you can start ranking in Google’s search results!
- Help you evaluate if you need a website rebuild
- Not sure if you should invest in a website redesign? A Website Strategist can take a look at your site from a bird’s eye view perspective and let you know if there are improvements and tweaks you can make, or if a new website would be the right move.
- Point out and fix common website errors
- Every website, although unique, a lot of the time have the same common problems happening that are preventing results. A Website Strategist can let you know which website errors are affecting your site AND how to prioritize them so you know what to fix first.
- Map out the structure of your website
- Should you have all of your services listed on 1 page? Or should you have pages for each one? What about the navigation menu, how should that be organized? Have you thought about your website’s footer? A Website Strategist can help you plan the entire structure of your site so that it makes sense for your website visitors.
- Brainstorm lead magnets/blog post ideas that speak to your audience
- Using content and opt-ins to showcase your expertise and help your audience solve a problem can be a HUGE way to start getting better results from your website, if you do it right. A Website Strategist can do research and help you brainstorm content ideas that will speak directly to your audience and get you more bang for your time.
- Coach you on how to write SEO-friendly content
- When it comes to writing content for your blog, you want it to speak to your audience AND to Google so you can start showing up in search results and building up your website traffic organically. A Website Strategist can go through the best practices and explain what Google looks for when it comes to blog posts, and what elements you should prioritize first.
- Explain why your website and blog posts aren’t ranking in Google
- Already have blog posts written but can’t figure out why they’re not ranking in Google? What about your website’s homepage? That’s your website’s most powerful page…if that’s not showing up in search results you could have a bigger underlying problem. A Website Strategist can dive in and give you the 411 on it all.
- and much more!
There’s a ton of other ways a Website Strategist can help improve your website. This list is not exhaustive, but hopefully, it’s given you some ideas on how to take advantage of one.
In a nutshell, the job of a Website Strategist is to help YOU work smarter, not harder, by leveraging the power of your website.
How much does Website Strategy and Consulting cost?
That totally depends on what you need!
My strategy and consulting sessions start at $150 — but before any money is exchanged or decisions are made, I always hop on a free 15-minute consult to make sure we’re a good fit and this solution makes sense for your specific needs.
(If it doesn’t, don’t worry, I won’t leave you hanging’. I always give suggestions on the best way to move forward, even if it’s not with me.)